Q CELLS are the largest manufacturer of solar cells as well as one of the largest photovoltaic module manufacturer globally.
|Presence in Australia||Yes|
|Country of manufacture||Germany, Poland, China, Malaysia, South Korea|
|Product warranty||12 years|
|Performance warranty||25 years|
|Temperature co-efficient (lower is better)||-0.40%|
|Anti-PID as standard||Yes|
|Junction Box IP (the higher the better)||IP 67 or 68|
Supplier Snapshot: Q CELLS
Q CELLS are a German Engineering & Premium Technology company and the flagship of GEM Energy’s product mix.
Backed by FORTUNE® Global 500 firm Hanwha Group in South Korea, a reliable parent company valued at $80 billion, Q CELLS are the largest manufacturer of solar cells as well as one of the largest photovoltaic module manufacturer globally.
Q CELLS’ Technology & Innovation headquarters is in Germany with manufacturing plants in China, Malaysia and South Korea with a growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Every aspect of Q CELLS solar panels is industry leading, with the company providing the full spectrum of PV products, applications, and solutions to a wide range of customers in the residential, commercial and large-scale utility markets.
The company has a worldwide Research & Development (R&D) network to ensure it stays at the cutting edge of photovoltaic (PV) technology.
Q CELLS are part of the Silicon Module Super League (SMSL), a group of the six largest module suppliers in the PV market today.
Q CELLS have won several awards for its PV products, such as the Solar Industry Award for module manufacturing innovation in 2015. The Q CELLS Q.PRO poly-crystalline module was ranked No.1 in the 2014 PHOTON module yield measurement test.
A local team of engineers is stationed in Sydney to support customers during the project planning process, on-site and in the unlikely event of a warranty claim.
The company has many sustainability initiatives in place to reduce its carbon footprint and is a member of PV Cycle, which ensures that its products are recycled at the end of their lifetime.
Main features of Q CELLS solar panels:
- Comprehensive range of highest-quality residential and larger commercial solar panels which reduce BOS (Balance of System) costs.
- Cyclone tested by James Cook University in Queensland. Some modules are built even stronger than IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standard requirements and can survive cyclones in category D wind regions in Australia.
- Outstanding module efficiency of up to 19.9% which means that the panels on your roof collect more power per square meter and you require less roof space for installation.
- PID (Potential Induced Degradation)-free certification as standard which means that the panel is guaranteed to withstand the effects of corrosive elements like ammonia (NH3), hydrogen sulphide (HS) and sulphur dioxide (SO2) throughout its lifetime.
- One of the best peace-of-mind warranties in the industry. Q CELLS guarantees that its solar PV panels’ output:
– does not vary by more than 3 % from the nominal power during the first year;
– still achieves at least 83 % of the nominal power after 25 years;
– decreases by no more than 0.6 % per year from the second year.
- Low temperature coefficient (up to -0.40%) which means that Q CELLS solar panels perform very well in higher temperatures and are suitable for our hot Queensland climate.
- Excellent performance in low light conditions as tested independently by Fraunhofer Institute and resulting in Q CELLS setting new yield standards. It means that the panels keep producing good amounts of power even on cloudy days, while they can exceed their nominal values on sunny days.
- Anti LID (light induced degradation) Technology for enhanced system performance over the life of the solar system.
- Industry-leading quality control as part of Q CELLS’ Triple Yield Security Seal requirements. Q CELLS solar cells and modules are tested under extreme climatic conditions twice and in some cases even three times, with the fully automated production processes ensuring that all damaged cells and modules are removed. More information on hot spots here.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
We absolutely love Q CELLS solar panels. There are no empty claims or pulling statistics out of thin air with Q CELLS – they have proven time and again to be one of the most durable and high-performing solar panels on the market.
The Government has a testing facility in Alice Springs called the Desert Knowledge Australia Initiative (DKAI) where many different types of solar modules from some of the biggest brands in the world are tested. All of the systems are identical in every aspect apart from the panels, which offers a completely even playing field where we can compare apples to apples. From day one Q CELLS solar panels have been outperforming all of the top brands at the DKAI, as shown in the graph below.
Then there is Photon Lab in Germany, which also tests solar modules on a level playing field where Q CELLS solar panels are leading the pack.
Q CELLS Solar Panels - ALL Downloads
|Q.PLUS - Q.ANTUM Brochure|
Q CELLS Product Catalogue Oct. 2017
WHY Q CELLS?
|Residential Solar Panels - Data Sheets|
|Q CELLS Q.POWER-G5 260-280W|
Q CELLS Q.PLUS BFR G4.1 275-285W
Q CELLS Q.PEAK G4.1 290-305W
|Commercial Solar Panels - Data Sheets|
|Q CELLS Q.POWER L-G5 315-335W|
Q CELLS Q.POWER L-G5.2 315-335W
Q CELLS Q.PLUS L G4.2 335-345W
Q CELLS Q.PEAK L G4.1 345-360W
|Hanwha Q CELLS Cyclone Testing TS1024_Summary_Sheet|
|Hanwha Q CELLS Australia Warranty terms Solar modules2016-06|
Q CELLS solar panels have raised the bar for PV module performance in Australia. It is easy to say,“our panels are better than everybody else’s”, but here is the actual proof that Q CELLS are better.
On top of their outstanding performance and construction, Q CELLS solar panels also offer some of the strongest warranties in the industry which, most importantly, are backed by one of the largest companies in the world.
Q CELLS solar panels are one of your top choices in solar PV – if you have the budget for them.
What our customers say about us
…it wasn’t until we met with Jack Hooper from GEM Energy Australia that we were confident we were dealing with a compay that had the expertise to get the job done.Phil Sellwood