Extensive experience with residential, commercial and utlity-scale PV projects in Australia and around the world.
|Presence in Australia||Yes|
|Country of manufacture||China, Canada, Vietnam|
|Product warranty||10 years|
|Performance warranty||25 years|
|Temperature co-efficient (the lower the better)||-0.0041|
|Anti-PID as standard||No|
|Junction Box IP (the higher the better)||IP67|
Supplier Snapshot: Canadian Solar
Founded in 2001 in Canada, Canadian Solar manufacturer Solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and specialized solar energy equipment, today operating in 20 countries on six continents.
Canadian Solar also provides energy with a geographically diversified pipeline of utility-scale power projects.
Canadian Solar was one of the first module manufacturers with its own on-site testing laboratory in 2008; today it operates three state-of-the-art PV research centers for cells, modules and systems in Canada and China.
Big investments in Research & Development (R&D), patents as well as strategic partnerships ensure Canadian Solar’s place at the cutting edge of the solar industry.
Canadian Solar is part of the Silicon Module Super League (SMSL), a group of the six largest module suppliers in the PV market today.
Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L has been established in 2011 in Sydney, giving you peace of mind that local support is around in the unlikely event of a warranty claim.
The company has extensive experience with residential as well as large-scale utility and commercial PV projects in Australia and around the world. They are currently developing their largest project to date for IKEA Australia. 12,122 Canadian Solar PV modules over seven sites in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria will produce 3.6MW of electricity, keeping the furniture company well on track to achieve its ambitious sustainability goals.
In 2015 Canadian Solar committed to a comprehensive waste recycling scheme with the South Australian firm Reclaim PV Recycling to promote the voluntary take-back and recycle program for end-of-life solar panels, an important step to make the Australian solar industry sustainable in the long term.
Main features of Canadian Solar Panels:
- Large range of panels, including smart panels with inbuilt inverters.
- Outstanding module efficiency of up to 17.11%.
- Positive power tolerances of -0/+5%. This means that each 260 watt panel will be at least 260 watt; many cheaper panels have a negative power tolerance so that you can end up getting less that what you paid for.
- Panels with double glass, corrosion-free construction carry a 100% PID (potential induced degradation) -free guarantee, perfect for sea-side installations.
- High performance at low irradiation (i.e. from tree shading etc.), ensuring your household energy needs are met even on cloudy days.
- Low temperature co-efficient of up to 0.41%. This means that the panel performs well in higher temperatures and is suitable for our Queensland climate.
- Low NOCT (Nominal Operating Cell Temperature) resulting in higher energy productivity.
- Robust construction and high resistance to corrosive environments.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
Canadian Solar PV panels are a great choice – they are reliable, efficient and of proven high quality. These panels are getting used in many commercial applications around the world and there are never any dramas with them. They do well in all kinds of testing and offer competitive pricing.
We at GEM Energy love selling these panels because we know that you will be happy with your purchase for many years to come!
What our customers say about us
The installation was efficient and we were kept informed every step of the way.Gayle Harper
This time last year my bill was just over $1,000 and this time it was a measly $128.48 and that included $124.48 solar scheme credit. Thanks everyone at GEM, you have made my life a lot easier 🙂Margi
Great honest company I would recommend to anyone.Bob Greaves