Supplier Snapshot: Lorentz
LORENTZ was founded in 1993 in Germany and is a pioneer in the field of engineering and manufacturing solar-powered water pumping solutions. Offering the widest range of solar pumps of any company, the company is today active in over 130 countries through a network of professional partners.
The company only sells its solar pump drive and solar tracking solutions through its partners and invests a lot of effort on making sure they are informed, trained, supported and able to meet the specific needs of customers locally.
LORENTZ is constantly innovating its product design and development. The company has its own dedicated mechanical, electronic and software design team with over 20 years of experience in the solar pumping sector.
LORENTZ’ Global Headquarters and Technology Center is situated near Hamburg, Germany while all manufacturing takes place in its own two factories near Beijing, China. The management team is split between Germany and China with a constant exchange of staff between the two key locations. LORENTZ is just as proud of its experienced, well-educated and loyal staff as of its top-quality products.
Operating in a green industry, LORENTZ takes its own sustainability seriously. The company has significantly reduced its waste and emissions by recycling materials, switching to LED lighting, using a solar-powered generator and – of course – pumping water with its own solar-powered water pumps. But above all LORENTZ reduces waste by designing its products for longevity.
Product Snapshot: LORENTZ Solar Pump Drive Irrigation Solutions
- Produce no emissions and generate no noise.
- Built for off-grid, rural and often hostile environments.
- Efficient, reliable and simple to service.
- More reliable than wind power while being significantly cheaper and cleaner than diesel power.
- Complement the design of drip irrigation systems, delivering water precisely and efficiently to individual plants.
- Very high volumes of water for large scale irrigation can be supported through a wide range of pump sizes and vertical lifts.
- Attractive alternative to diesel powered pumping and support sustainable agriculture.
LORENTZ solar pumps serve three main application areas:
- Drinking water for people and livestock.
- Irrigation of crops, from smallholdings to large commercial farms.
- Responsible leisure such as swimming pool circulation/filtration.
LORENTZ also designs and manufactures solar tracking systems which improve the water yield from solar pump systems and maximize return on investment for grid tie systems (this is called Solar Capture).
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
LORENTZ have been selected based on reliability which is of utmost importance when considering the importance of delivering water.
Check Out Our Solar Irrigation Case Studies:
What our customers say about us
…it wasn’t until we met with GEM Energy Australia that we were confident we were dealing with a compay that had the expertise to get the job done.Phil Sellwood