Grid-connected and hybrid solar inverters
Solar power optimizers
Countries of manufacture:
Israel, Mexico, Hungary, China
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: 25 years for power optimizers, 12-25 years for inverters
SolarEdge invented an intelligent inverter solution that revolutionised the way power is harvested and managed in a solar photovoltaic (PV) system. The SolarEdge direct current (DC) optimised inverter system maximises power generation at the individual PV panel level while lowering the cost of energy produced by the solar PV system.
Addressing a broad range of solar market segments, from residential solar installations to commercial and small utility-scale solar installations, the SolarEdge system consists of inverters, power optimisers, storage solutions, and a monitoring platform.
The SolarEdge system enables superior power harvesting and panel management by deploying power optimisers to each PV panel while maintaining a competitive system cost by keeping the alternating current (AC) inversion and grid interaction centralised using a simplified DC-AC inverter.
All SolarEdge central PV inverters combine all the benefits of string and micro inverters and specifically designed to work with the SolarEdge power optimisers. This allows for maximum power production due to module-level maximum power point tracking (MPPT) and limits the effects of module mismatch caused by shading or degradation.
SolarEdge optimisers eliminate power mismatch between panels and come with a 25-year warranty, while inverters come with standard 12-year warranty, which is extendable to 20-25 years for a fee.
Since beginning commercial shipments in 2010, SolarEdge has shipped approximately 6.7 Gigawatt (GW) of its DC optimised inverter systems and products have been installed in solar PV systems in 120 countries.
To find more about SolarEdge products, please click here.
Chosen as partners of Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery Storage!
Supplier Snapshot: SolarEdge
Founded in 2006, SolarEdge Technologies is headquartered in Israel and has offices in ten other countries around the world including Australia. Today SolarEdge is undoubtedly the global leader in the DC power optimizer market and is traded on the NASDAQ.
The company has invented a ground-breaking type of module-level electronics for solar photovoltaic (PV) harvesting and monitoring systems for all shapes and sizes of solar installations, from residential to commercial and utility-scale plants.
SolarEdge’s stand-out product solution is their optimized inverter system which maximizes and improves power output at each individual PV panel.
Together with SolarEdge’s cloud-based monitoring platform, the performance of your solar system is trackable with ease.
Since beginning commercial distribution in 2010, over 2.5 GW of SolarEdge products have been installed in solar PV arrays in over 90 countries around the world.
The company has won several awards for its innovative products, including an SPP (Solar Power Portal) Award in 2015 and the Solar Industry Award in 2014.
Manufacturing mainly takes place through a partnership with Flextronics, a global electronics manufacturing services provider. Another exciting partnership was announced in late 2015 when SolarEdge products became compatible with the Tesla Powerwall battery system.
SolarEdge offers impressive warranties and excellent customer support through its Australian office.
SolarEdge Power Optimizers
Panel Level Optimisation Create a new solution to overcome limitations :
• Maximise power generation
• Increase design flexibility
• High resolution monitoring
• Enhanced safety
The SolarEdge power optimiser is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV panel or embedded by panel manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box.
The SolarEdge power optimisers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT)
of each panel individually. Furthermore, the power optimisers monitor the performance of each panel and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective panel-level maintenance. Each power optimiser is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down panels’ DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
The MPPT per panel allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and panel types in the same string.
When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimisers are compatible with c-Si and thin-film panels and have a 25-year warranty.
To find more about SolarEdge power optimisers, please click here.
Grid-Connected Inverters: for Residential and Commercial Projects.
Single Phase Inverter
The SolarEdge single phase inverter is specifically designed to work with the SolarEdge power optimisers. Because MPPT and voltage management are handled separately for each panel by the power optimiser, the inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a simpler, more cost effective, more reliable solar inverter with a standard 12-year warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years.
The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature. In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimised PV inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s battery storage solution.
– Solar inverters specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
– 2.5kW to 10kW inverter range
– Superior efficiency
– Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
– Built-in panel-level monitoring receiver
– Communication to internet via Ethernet, wireless connectivity (using Wi-Fi, ZigBee® or GSM plug-ins)
– Supports PV and battery management as part of the StorEdge solution
– IP65 / NEMA 3R – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations
– Small lightweight and easy to install
– 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
– High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
– Up to 155% oversizing allowed
To find more about SolarEdge single phase inverter, please click here.
SolarEdge ALL Downloads
SolarEdge Commercial System Brochure
StorEdge Battery Storage Brochure
StorEdge Optimizing Self-Consumption Brochure
|Single Phase Inverter - Data Sheets|
|SolarEdge Single Phase Inverter 2.2-7.3 kW|
|Three Phase Inverters - Data Sheets|
|SolarEdge Three Phase 5-17kW Datasheet|
SolarEdge Three Phase Commercial 15-27.6kW Datasheet
|Power Optimizer - Data Sheets|
|SolarEdge Optimizer frame-mounted P300/350/404/500|
SolarEdge Optimizer Add-on P300/350/404/405/500
SolarEdge Optimizer P-Series Commercial Frame-mounted
SolarEdge Optimizer P-Series Commercial Add-on
Three Phase Inverter
The SolarEdge three phase inverter combines sophisticated digital control technology with efficient power conversion architecture to achieve superior solar power harvesting and best-in-class reliability.
The fixed-voltage technology ensures the solar inverter is always working at its optimal input voltage, regardless of the number of panels in a string or environmental conditions.
A proprietary data monitoring receiver has been integrated into the inverter and aggregates the power optimiser performance data from each PV panel. This data can be transmitted to the web and accessed via the SolarEdge monitoring platform for performance analysis, fault detection and troubleshooting of PV systems.
• Inverters specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
• Superior efficiency
• Excellent reliability with standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
• Small, lightweight and easy to install
• Built-in panel-level monitoring receiver
• Internet connection through Ethernet or wireless connectivity (using Wi-Fi, ZigBee®, or GSM plug-ins)
• IP65 / NEMA 3R – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations
To find more about SolarEdge three phase inverter, please click here.
Hybrid Inverters: for small to medium-sized Projects with Battery backup.
- Excellent efficiencies of at least 97%.
- Specifically designed to work with power optimizers.
- Outstanding reliability
- Standard twelve-year warranty (can be extended to 20 or 25 years).
- Small, lightweight and easy to install.
- Large temperature and voltage operating range to harvest more energy (early mornings and late afternoons) so you can maximize your Return on Investment (ROI).
- Easy monitoring of your system’s performance via the internet.
- Supporting PV and battery management as part of the StorEdge solution with Tesla Powerwall 2 or LG Chem RESU.
- Outdoor and indoor installation (IP65).
The SolarEdge Solar PV Monitoring Platform
The monitoring platform provides enhanced PV performance monitoring and yield assurance through immediate fault detection and alerts
at the panel level, string level and system level.
No hardware or wiring is required to transmit data from the power optimisers to the inverter: the monitoring sensors and transmitters are built into the SolarEdge power optimiser and solar inverter, and measurement data is transmitted over the regular power lines.
• Full visibility of your system’s technical and financial performance, including interactive charts and site layout
• Visualisation of PV production, building consumption, and self-consumption
• Data presentation at the panel-level, string-level and system level
• Comprehensive site-level and fleet-level reporting and analysis tools with an option to schedule automatic reports and export reports
• Effective fleet management and improved O&M capabilities:
o Automatic alerts on system issues
o Remote troubleshooting and access to real-time system data and guided root-cause fault analysis
o High resolution data, including historical and aggregated views with comparative analysis diagnostics
• Easy access from a computer, smartphone, or tablet
• Multiple options for social sharing and public display to drive referrals and generate leads
• Free for system lifetime
To find more about SolarEdge Monitoring Platform, please click here.
A set of software tools are available to complement the SolarEdge product offering. These tools make SolarEdge PV system design and installation even easier and quicker.
Two tools are currently available:
• Site Designer – Recommends string layout, Inverter and power optimiser selection per site size and enables report generation.
• Mapper – Scans power optimiser and inverter barcodes to create a virtual map of a PV site for enhanced monitoring and easier maintenance
To find more about SolarEdge Installer Tools, please click here.
What our customers say about us
Solar installers are a dime a dozen these days, but proper energy engineering contractors like yourselves are few and far between.Toby Murdoch
I would recommend GEM Energy to anyone looking for a Solar PV provider.Cameron Dean
The work was completed in conjunction with our business needs and everyone from GEM Energy involved with the installation was professional, competent and courteous to the YMCA staff and our patrons.Phil Sellwood