Supply: Solar Inverters for Grid-connected, Hybrid, and Large-scale Applications & Monitoring Platform
Countries of manufacture:
Germany, USA, Canada, South Africa
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: 5 years, option to extend up to 25 years
Supplier Snapshot: SMA
SMA was founded in Germany in 1981 and has been developing and distributing high-quality photovoltaic (PV) inverters and innovative technology for smart energy management for over 30 years.
Undoubtedly the global market leader in solar inverters, SMA offers technology and service solutions for all PV applications – systems with grid connection, off-grid power supply, and backup operations – always striving to give its customers more efficiency and independence in meeting their energy needs.
SMA has won several awards for its innovative products, sustainability measures, and outstanding company leadership.
SMA designs and manufactures the bulk of its products in Germany and is represented in over 20 countries, including Australia.
SMA added smaller production facilities in the USA, Canada, and South Africa to its portfolio over the last decade. Local support is provided by SMA’s customer service package which includes local SMA technicians available for technical assistance via phone, fax or email. An efficient device replacement service ensures that your solar system will be up and running again in no time.
Going with an SMA inverter gives you access to the SMA Smart Home system which allows you easy monitoring and analysis of your PV system’s performance.
Grid-Connected Inverters: for Residential and small Commercial Projects.
- Outstanding quality and reliability.
- SMA’s range of ‘Sunny Boy’ inverters are some of the most popular inverters in Australia.
- Flexible design.
- Simple installation.
- Excellent efficiencies of up to 98%.
- Compatibility with other devices including other brands.
- Wifi monitoring with Bluetooth connectivity.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
The SMA Sunny Boy inverter is of such unmatched quality and features that it is definitely one of our preferred options for inverters.
You might pay a little extra, but you get outstanding quality in return.
SMA Solar Inverters - ALL Downloads
|SMA Sunny Boy Series - Data Sheets|
|SMA Sunny Boy 1.5-2.5kW
SMA Sunny Boy 3-5kW
SMA Sunny Boy TL 3-5kW
|Three Phase Series - Data Sheets|
|SMA Tripower 5-12kW
SMA Tripower TL 15kW
SMA Tripower TL 15-25kW
SMA Tripower Core 50kW
SMA Tripower 60kW
|Central Inverters - Data Sheets
|SMA Sunny Central 500-760kW
SMA Sunny Central 800-900kW
SMA Sunny Central 1MW
SMA Sunny Central 2.2MW
SMA Warranty - Active
SMA Warranty - Comfort
Hybrid Inverters: for small Grid-connected Projects with Battery backup.
Product Snapshot: SMA Sunny Island Hybrid Inverter Range
- Excellent efficiencies of up to 96%.
- Flexibility – can be used for on-grid or off-grid projects.
- Proven reliability and safety record.
- Intelligent load and energy management.
- Wide temperature and voltage operating range to harvest more energy (early mornings and late afternoons) enabling you to maximize your ROI (Return on Investment).
- Compatible with or without a battery.
- Robust construction.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
SMA hybrid inverters are of the same high quality and efficiency as SMA’s grid connected inverters. They have the ability to be coupled to a Sunny Island Inverter Charger which will communicate with the SMA inverter and allow it to work for peak shaving and off-grid applications.
SMA inverters are regularly chosen for very large off-grid applications.
Find Out More:
Central Inverters: for Large-scale Commercial Projects.
- Large range of SMA central inverters.
- Outstanding quality, efficiency, and reliability.
- Intelligent OptiCool™ air cooling system keeps central inverters running smoothly, even in extreme ambient temperatures.
- Flexible and robust design.
- Conforms to all known grid requirements worldwide.
- Maximum yields with low system costs.
- Customized monitoring platform.
The SMA Smart Home system: Your Solar PV Monitoring Solution.
- Flexible, modular system.
- Supports a variety of solar system setups and components.
- Online portals Sunny Places, Sunny View or Sunny Portal for easy tracking of energy production and export, system health, and usage cycle.
- Energy manager uses intelligent planning, forecasting, and recommendations to ensure your solar system works as effective as possible.
What our customers say about us
…it wasn’t until we met with GEM Energy Australia that we were confident we were dealing with a compay that had the expertise to get the job done.Phil Sellwood