Solar Inverters for Grid-connected, Hybrid, and Large-scale applications
Solar PV Monitoring Platform
Country of manufacture: Austria
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: Five years, option to extend up to 20 years
Supplier Snapshot: Fronius
Fronius was founded in 1945 in Pettenbach, Austria, starting out as a manufacturer of battery chargers and welding transformers. Today, the family-owned company, with its noteworthy history, is a world leader in controlling and monitoring energy across three divisions: Welding, Battery Charging Systems, and Solar Electronics.
Since 1992 Fronius has also been involved in photovoltaics (PV) and producing batteries as well as some of the most advanced grid-connected and hybrid solar inverters in the world.
Designed and manufactured in Austria, Fronius has won several awards for its product innovation and quality. Especially the grid-connected Fronius Galvo and the hybrid Fronius Symo inverters have received prizes for functionality, ecology and as ‘Best Products.’
Fronius is a member of the WWF Climate group and engages in many sustainability projects, for example obtaining all of its electricity from renewable sources.
The Fronius network spans the globe, serving the Australian market through a subsidiary in Melbourne. Since 2010 a local warehouse with technical support, a repair center, and a sales organization ensure premium quality and reliability for Australian customers by combining global experience with strong local support.
Going with a Fronius inverter gives you access to the Fronius DATCOM monitoring system to keep track of your solar PV system’s performance.
All Fronius inverters are backed by a five-year manufacturer’s warranty, with an option to extend to a ten, 15 or 20-year period.
Product Snapshot – Grid-connected Solar Inverters
- Designed for quick and easy installation.
- Excellent real-time tracking solution. Track your system’s performance, including how much electricity is getting exported to the grid, through the Fronius Home Energy Monitor.
- Durable design.
- Dual MPPT. Maximum Power Point Tracking is a digital charge control function which ensures that you get the most power possible from your solar panels at any time, especially during low-light conditions.
- The new Fronius Primo inverter offers a dual MPPT single phase solution for residential solar customers.
- Outstanding energy efficiency to give you a higher return on your investment.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
Fronius inverters are an excellent choice for your solar project. Their products are high quality, reliable, and easily serviceable on-site. And on top of that Fronius is still a family-owned business – Fronius is definitely one of our preferred inverters.
Hybrid Inverters: for small Grid-connected Projects with Battery backup.
Fronius Symo Hybrid range
- Three-phase inverter for more efficient power usage.
- Intelligent management of energy flows.
- Great efficiencies.
- Fronius Energy Package consisting of the Fronius Symo Hybrid Inverter, Fronius Solar Battery and Fronius Smart Meter available in different sizes.
- Can also be part of a package with a battery such as the Tesla Powerwall.
- Peace-of-mind investment with this trusted manufacturer.
Available Now – The Fronius Seamless Storage Solution
- Designed for residential solar systems.
- Consists of Fronius Primo Hybrid inverter, Tesla Powerwall battery, and Fronius Smart Meter.
- Suitable for new and existing solar installations.
- Reduced system costs as the Fronius Primo Hybrid can simultaneously operate your PV array and the Tesla Powerwall.
- The Fronius Primo Hybrid can either be added to existing systems (AC coupled) or replace the existing inverter (DC coupled).
- The Fronius Primo works with any solar module -by far the most suitable inverter to compliment the Tesla Powerwall battery.
Central Inverters: for Large-scale Commercial Projects.
- Excellent real-time tracking of your system’s performance.
- Outstanding efficiency, quality, and durability.
- Up to 15 plug-In modules for more power.
- Easy transport, installation, and maintenance.
- Output power options of 75 or 100 kVA.
- Three-phase inverter system.
The Fronius DATCOM Solar PV Monitoring System
- Track your home energy production, export, and usage in real-time.
- Modular set up for maximum flexibility and easy upgrades.
- Easy to install and operate software.
- Data recording.
- Visualization options to display and analyze solar data.
- Accessories to set up your own weather station.
What our customers say about us
Solar installers are a dime a dozen these days, but proper energy engineering contractors like yourselves are few and far between.Toby Murdoch
I would recommend GEM Energy to anyone looking for a Solar PV provider.Cameron Dean
The work was completed in conjunction with our business needs and everyone from GEM Energy involved with the installation was professional, competent and courteous to the YMCA staff and our patrons.Phil Sellwood