Solar Inverters for Grid-Connected and Large-scale applications
Solar PV Monitoring Platform
Countries of manufacture: Italy, USA
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: Five years
Product Snapshot: Grid-connected Inverters
Main Features: ABB Solar Inverters
- Huge range of grid-connected inverters including micro inverters, single- and three-phase string inverters.
- Real-time power tracking.
- Great energy efficiencies of up to 97.7%.
- Excellent performance in environments with high temperatures through heat-dissipation technology (especially important for Australian conditions!).
- Warranty protection through a global customer care package.
- The new Trio 50 is a 50 kW, three-phase string inverter perfectly suited for large commercial installations.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
GEM Energy has been installing ABB solar inverters (formally Power-One) for many years and experienced exceptionally low failure rates while under the Power-One brand. Since ABB purchased the Power-One brand, some changes were made to the manufacturing process, and there has been a noticeable decline in reliability.
Two years ago ABB solar inverters would have scored a 10/10, today it scores a 6/10 based on its strong financial backing and its value for money.
ABB has also just released a 50kW, three-phase string inverter which is an excellent choice for large-scale commercial projects.
ABB solar inverters do not come with WIFI or Bluetooth monitoring capability as standard.
Product Snapshot – Central Inverters
Main features of ABB’s Central Inverter range
- Central inverter capacities from 100kW up to 2000kW.
- Real-time power tracking.
- Designed for outdoor use.
- Excellent performance and efficiency, even in environments with high temperatures through highly efficient, self-contained cooling system (especially important for Australian conditions!).
- Compact, versatile design to minimize /system costs for large-scale PV plants.
- High DC input voltage up to 1500 VDC.
- Extensive DC and AC side protection.
- Remote monitoring as well as a large range of industrial data communication options.
- Lifecycle service and support through ABB’s extensive global service network.
Product Snapshot – Monitoring Platform
Main features of ABB’s Monitoring Platform
ABB’s Plant Viewer Platform is the next generation of real-time solar system monitoring and management.
- Cloud-based monitoring solution available through a web browser.
- Highly interactive.
- Simple and intuitive to operate.
- Tracks key energy metrics as well as the energy produced throughout the lifetime of your solar power plant.
- View your plant’s energy information anytime, anywhere with plant viewer for mobile.
Look No Further. Get Started Today.
What our customers say about us