Relevant StandardsAll of our work is carried out in accordance with relevant Australian statutory requirements.
Standards and Regulatory Code Compliance
GEM Energy ensure all equipment is installed and all work will be carried out in accordance with relevant Australian statutory requirements (including amendments). These standards include but are not limited to those listed below. Where a requirement included in the Specification exceeds the applicable standard then the requirement within the Specification will be adhered to. Standard(s) referred to mean the current Edition / Revision together with Amendments issued.
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Cth), and any regulations pursuant to that Act
- Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 (NT)
- Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations (NT)
- Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth)
- Building Code of Australia (BCA).
- National Standard for Construction Work 2005.
- Environment Protection Act.
- Environmental Protection Regulation.
- Environment Protection Policies for Air, Noise, Water and Waste.
- Energex Technical Rules – Network connection.
- Clean Energy Council Guidelines
- Building Code of Australia
- Essential Energy Network Standards
- National Electricity Rules (AEMO)
- AS/NZS 1020 Control of Undesirable Static Electricity
- AS1170.1 Minimum Design Loads on Structures – Dead & Live Loads and Load Combinations
- AS/NZS 1170.2 Wind Loads
- AS/NZS 1768 Lightening Protection
- AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules
- AS 3008 Electrical Installation – Selection of Cables
- AS/NZS 3012 Electrical Installations – Construction and demolition sites
- AS/NZS 5033 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
The solar array is designed with consideration to the expected maximum wind-loads for the region.
All electrical switchboards and switchgear is designed and manufactured to Australian Standards.
Switchboards are NATA certified and fully type tested.
What our customers say about us
The work was completed in conjunction with our business needs and everyone from GEM Energy involved with the installation was professional, competent and courteous to the YMCA staff and our patrons.