Various sites in North America and Europe 5 years
36 months full replacement and 24 months pro-rata replacement from the date of shipment.
Presence in Australia: Yes
Supplier Snapshot: Sonnenschein
In 1910 Dr. Theodor Sonnenschein founded the Accumulatorenfabrik (literally: battery factory) Sonnenschein in Germany. A student of Max Planck, Theodor already began to develop and manufacture batteries and energy storage cells during his studies.
Sonnenschein stayed a family-owned business for many years to come, renowned for its innovative and high-quality products.
In 1992 the German company was taken over by the Italian battery manufacturer CEAC before becoming part of the US-American battery manufacturer Exide Technologies in 1996.
For the last 20 years, Sonnenschein has maintained its excellent reputation for quality technology, widening its product offering and manufacturing its outstanding Sonnenschein batteries under the German arm of Exide Technologies.
- Long life: up to 2400 cycles to 60% DOD (Depth of Discharge) at 20°C.
- Leak-proof, dryfit Gel – VLRA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) technology.
- Low energy consumption.
- Completely recyclable.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Robust design and construction.
- Longer life through proof against deep discharge.
- Flame-retardent models available on request.
- Easy to install.
- Track record of more than 40 MWh installed capacity since 2000.
GEM Energy’s Evaluation
Sonnenschein batteries have been around for a long time and just keep getting better.
We have been installing these batteries in off-grid situations for several years with fantastic results.
What our customers say about us
…it wasn’t until we met with GEM Energy Australia that we were confident we were dealing with a compay that had the expertise to get the job done.Phil Sellwood