Lithium-Iron Phosphate Solar Battery
Country of manufacture: Austria
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: Five years, option to extend up to 20 years
Supplier Snapshot: Fronius
Fronius was founded in 1945 in Pettenbach, Austria, starting out as a manufacturer of battery chargers and welding transformers. Today, the family-owned company is a world leader in controlling and monitoring energy across three divisions: Welding, Battery Charging Systems, and Solar Electronics.
Since 1992 Fronius has also been involved in photovoltaics (PV) and producing batteries as well as some of the most advanced grid-connected and hybrid solar inverters in the world.
Designed and manufactured in Austria, Fronius has won several awards for its product innovation and quality.
Especially the grid-connected Fronius Galvo and the hybrid Fronius Symo inverters have received prizes for functionality, ecology and as ‘Best Products.’
Fronius is a member of the WWF Climate group and engages in many sustainability projects, for example obtaining all of its electricity from renewable sources.
The Fronius network spans the globe, serving the Australian market through a subsidiary in Melbourne. Since 2010 a local warehouse with technical support, a repair center, and a sales organization ensure premium quality and reliability for Australian customers by combining global experience with strong local support.
Product Snapshot: Fronius Solar Battery
- Can be purchased as part of the Fronius Energy Package (consists of the Fronius Symo hybrid inverter, Fronius Solar Battery and smart meter).
- The smart meter is a bi-directional meter which optimizes self-consumption and records the household’s load curve to deliver efficient and flexible applications.
- Ranging in capacity from 4.5kWh to 12kWh.
- Uses high-performance lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) storage technology for maximum safety.
- High degree of flexibility in applications.
- Exceptionally long service life – 8000 charging cycles at 80% DoD (Depth of Discharge) at 23°C.
- Very high discharging and charging power.
- Short charging times.
- No thermal runaway.
- High efficiency due to high voltage.
- No need for ventilation concept or gassing of battery.
- Designed for indoor installation (IP 20 rated).
- 20-year life expectancy.
- Two-year warranty with free post-sale options to extend to five or seven years.
What our customers say about us
…it wasn’t until we met with GEM Energy Australia that we were confident we were dealing with a compay that had the expertise to get the job done.Phil Sellwood